Want to run for Blossburg Borough Council?
NOW is the time to put your hat in the ring to run for Blossburg Borough Council!!
There are three seats available for four-year terms that will start January 2012:
- Jill Nickerson – she is planning to run and I hope we [generically as a community] will continue to support her. She ran as both a Republican and Democrat last time.
- Jeff Everett – he is not planning to run.
- Mark Bowne – he is not planning to run.
Eligibility: You have to have lived in the borough for at least one year and be a registered voter.
How (assuming you want to run as a Republican or Democrat) *** This is just an outline, there may be other required things – please check with George Cox at the election office or ask your party committee persons for help ***:
1. Get petitions from the election office.
2. Have registered voters in Blossburg sign your petitions. You need a minimum of 10 signatures from party members.
3. Return the signed petitions to the election office.
4. Campaign (or at least ask people to vote for you).
5. Vote 5/17. Get other people to vote, too!
Important dates (assuming you want to run as a Democrat or Republican):
First day to circulate petitions: 2/15 (today)
Last day to circulate petitions: 3/8
Republican & Democratic primaries: 5/17
This PDF lists which offices are open throughout the county.
Here’s where you can request petitions:
Important dates list:
This information is offered to promote community involvement in local governance. It’s not legal advice.
Peace, love & democracy,
This entry was posted in BlossBlog
. Bookmark the permalink