I have been an independent consultant since 2003, working with small businesses, nonprofits, and local governments to improve their data management through websites, databases, and networks. Since late 2005, I have been a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor. These skill sets helps me provide financial, operations, and administrative consulting services that streamline processes, improve tax compliance, and generally make things easier. Before 2003, I lived in the Washington, D.C., area for nearly nine years, working at national nonprofits, major corporations, and even a consulting gig for the federal government.
I currently offer the following services:
- Evaluate, select, configure, troubleshoot, and fix QuickBooks small business accounting software.
- Tutor QuickBooks users.
- Streamline office procedures to make work efficient and maximize capabilities of QuickBooks.
- Integrate QuickBooks with third-party applications.
- Analyze tax and financial situations, determine problems, and provide recommendations and solutions.
- Facilitate group problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Write grant applications.
- Provide software and Internet tutoring.
- Select, manage, and work with consultants as needed.
In the past I have also offered these services:
- Evaluated, installed, upgraded, and supported computer and network hardware, software, Cat 5e and wireless networks.
- Evaluated, designed, set up, and supported Web sites and databases.
I recently graduated from University at Buffalo Law School, where I completed concentrations in community economic development and finance transactions. I took the New York bar exam in July and plan to take the Pennsylvania bar exam in February.
- I volunteer with Westminster Economic Development Initiative, Buffalo, NY, to help low-income residents of Buffalo’s West Side start new small businesses.
- I founded Blossburg V.I.B.E. (Visions in Business & Entertainment) in 2004 to envision, plan and implement projects that improve the quality of life for those who live, work, play or attend school in Blossburg, Pa. We have pulled $140,000 in grants into this small rural community. I’m once again president.
- I’m secretary of the board of Blossburg Improvement Association, a nonprofit real estate holding company.
- I’m a board member of the Marcellus Shale Community Education Team, a new organization that seeks to empower the individuals and communities of Tioga County, Pa., to understand, manage and plan for the economic and social impacts of the Marcellus shale gas play, and preserve and enhance our way of life socially, culturally and economically.
- I’m a board member of Nickel City Housing Corp., a nonprofit cooperative housing organization that has two houses in Buffalo – Ol’ Wondermoth at Elmwood & North, and Plankton on Fargo.
I’m a student member of the National Lawyers Guild, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Bar Association of Erie County. I’m also a member of Buffalo First!, a nonprofit organization that seeks to build a local, green and fair economy in the Buffalo-Niagara region.
Other memberships & affiliations
- Tioga County Concerned Citizens Committee
- Hillside Rod & Gun Club
- William B. Wilson American Legion Post 572 Auxillary
- The Hamilton Club
- Blossburg Memorial Library
- Buffalo Erie County Public Library
- Buffalo Infringement Festival Art Under the Radar
- Yoga (Main Street Yoga, Shakti Yoga, Janet Hinkel, Hand to Heart)
- Board gaming – particularly games designed by my friends Kristen, Andy & Alison at Looney Labs.
- Dancing to live music.
- Geeking about Marcellus shale natural gas exploration, production and distribution, particularly as it relates to land use, zoning, property values & rights, community impacts, and taxes in Pennsylvania and New York.
My full resume (word document, 2/2/10).